IRELAND 21 February 2018
Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General - Press Release on the 1994 Special Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General
Press Release on the 1994 Special Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General
By virtue of recent legislation the Comptroller and Auditor General is now empowered to publish special reports on all aspects of his work. This Special Report, which is the first of its kind, draws attention to matters arising from his audit of bodies other than Government departments and Offices.
The Report covers a range of issues where it was considered that public accountability would be served by bringing them to light e.g.
- Almost ?500,000 was written off by the Blood Transfusion Service Board in respect of rejected blood products.
- A ?2.4 million loss was incurred by Forbairt on a failed product development project by the former Eolas.
- An estimated loss of ?250,000 was incurred by Bord Iascaigh Mhara on an unstable fishing vessel.
- Stores to a value of ?42,000 were misappropriated in St James's Hospital.
- The cost of surplus office accommodation in FAS and Forfas.
These and the other issued referred to in the Report will be examined by the Public Accounts Committee in due course.
The contents of this page were last updated on 26/09/03